A wealth of business management experience at your fingertips.
All you need to future proof your business.
This Could Take a While
When it comes to business consultants who provide expert advice and innovative solutions, you’ll be hard-pressed to find one let alone two with the wealth of real-world business management experience as Angus and Julie.
It’s an impressive list of career highlights, qualifications and accreditations.
Long story short – Technacom Ltd are incredibly equipped in the experience department, assuring you and your business benefit from their years of hard work, education and application, transforming it into a thriving enterprise.
Career History – Angus
Angus started his career in Network Management working in a wide range of environments across public sector, private sector and social sector organisations. In the last decade he has increased his area of specialisation through a combination of work and qualifications to include Technical Infrastructure; Information Security; Cybersecurity; Security Architecture; Information Governance, Risk; Data Privacy; ISO27001 accreditation and Supplier Assurance.
Qualifications and Accreditations – Angus
- sits on the Board of ISACA and is also an accredited member – ISACA ® helps information systems governance, control, risk, security, audit/assurance and business and cybersecurity professionals, and enterprises succeed. Its community of professionals is committed to lifetime learning, career progression and sharing expertise for the benefit of individuals and organizations around the globe.
- holds the qualification of Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) considered to be a quality standard in the field of information security.
- holds the qualification of Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) an advanced certification which indicates that an individual possesses the knowledge and experience required to develop and manage an enterprise information security (infosec) programme.
- has been awarded the Cybersecurity Audit Certificate which provides audit/assurance professionals with the knowledge needed to excel in cybersecurity audits.
- is acknowledged by ISACA as a Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer – a qualification which acknowledges a technology professional’s ability to implement privacy by design which results in privacy technology platforms and products that build trust and advance data privacy.
- is formally acknowledged as being Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), a qualification which certifies a competent knowledge of enterprise risk and an ability to design, implement, monitor and maintain information systems (IS) controls to mitigate such risk.
- has recently undertaken the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) course and exam to support the development of skills needed to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS), as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- has undergone training to become an EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner allowing him to gain the knowledge and skills to implement an effective compliance programme and fulfil the role of the data protection officer (DPO) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Career History – Julie
Julie started her career in international marketing and market research management, being promoted to Senior Product Manager and the Senior Strategic Business Manager within the Agri-pharmaceutical sector.
She then worked briefly as a business consultant before being appointed a Director of a Communications Company.
Following her marriage to Angus when she moved to Scotland she ran MacLeod Research and Consultancy Services for 10 years.
During this time she worked for several major organisations across Scotland being based in the Isle of Skye initially before moving to Ayrshire.
To fit in with family commitments she moved with Angus to the West Midlands where she worked for 10 years at the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board. Julie started as a Senior Market Analyst before moving on to become Senior Manager for Step Change and then Senior Manager for Business Critical Projects.
- International Market Research Manager
- Brand Manager
- Strategic Business Unit Manager (£10m)
- Veterinary Business Consultant
- Director of In-Touch Research
- Director of MacLeod Research
- Senior Insight Analyst – AHDB
- Senior Change Manager – AHDB
- Senior Project Manager – AHDB
- Director of Technacom
Qualifications and Accreditations – Julie
- is an accredited business advisor with IBD Advice Group. The IBD Business Advice Group was established in 2004 to advise and support businesses in all sectors. It has 200 plus accredited Business Advisers who help thousands of UK business owners get their businesses to the next level by providing practical help and advice. IBD group works with various Business Organisations such as BIS, mentorsme and the British Bankers Association (BBA) providing Business Advisers & Mentors to SME Owners. Julie is the only IBD accredited business advisor based in Scotland.
- joined RandDTax Ltd in 2020 to become an associate trainee R&D Tax Credits Consultant. RandDTax offers a specialist R & D consultancy service that is totally independent. RandDTax have helped with over 5,100 successful R&D claims which has generated over £129 million for clients. Very few companies in Scotland have claimed back R&D Tax Credits and Julie is on a mission to help businesses, especially in the Highlands where claims are very low, to benefit from the Scheme.
- is a qualified Prince2 Practitioner (2017) with a lifetime experience in project management.
- holds the Diploma of the Market Research Society (DipMRS) and is a Full Member of the Market Research Society (MMRS) – which is only open to suitably qualified individuals who have worked for a number of years at a senior level within the industry.
- also studied and gained the Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (DipCIM) and also holds a Diploma in Agricultural Marketing and Business gained at Harper Adams Agricultural College.