A husband-and-wife consultancy team providing you with the experience and tools needed for today’s businesses to achieve maximum success.
Our Passion & Mission
Our Passion is…
Helping businesses of all shapes and sizes realise their true potential by providing the vital services required to overcome the obstacles preventing them from achieving sustainable business growth.
Our Mission is to…
Inspire – Others to do better, dream bigger, reach higher
- Help a varied customer portfolio – We work with clients of all sizes across multiple industries
- Be Economical – we believe in being cost-conscious and offering good value for money solutions with a high return on investment for our clients
- Think outside the box – We are always looking for “out-the-box” solutions to tricky problems
- Engage with our clients – We love conversation! Whether discussing your particular challenge or providing a solution, we favour being straight-talking and relatable to get to the root of your problem
- Give back – Through mentoring, coaching, and giving back to the community
“Our goal is to provide our clients with the critical tools needed for today’s businesses to achieve maximum success: a competitive advantage, a strong customer focus, clear future ambitions, business stability and resilience.”
Our Story So Far
Technacom started in 2003 as a small start-up business on the Isle of Skye with Angus and Julie MacLeod working out of their home in Staffin. Most mornings, they would start their business day gazing out at the Quiraing above them and the amazing scenery around Staffin Bay, which to this day, still inspires them both.
Initially, Technacom offered Information Technology support services to local businesses on Skye while developing the brand MacLeod Research Services, providing market research and consultancy services to businesses, local enterprise councils and HIE before gaining clients across the UK.
Technacom then took a back seat when Julie and Angus left the Isle of Skye to both pursue senior-level appointments which best fit around family commitments at the time. There was always a strong desire to one day return to the Highlands of Scotland where Technacom was first conceived and in 2018 that dream became a reality and Technacom was reborn.
Today Technacom Ltd, with its two original co-directors back at the helm, having gained a much broader business acumen through various senior roles in larger companies and public sector organisations, is now able to offer a more comprehensive business support offering and range of essential services.
Angus MacLeod is a leading authority on all things connected with internet and cybersecurity, governance, risk and compliance. He has a broad range of experience working with a wide range of government organisations and private sector companies. He has a particular passion for working with third sector organisations having worked with several different social housing organisations.
As a board member of ISACA, he also provides mentoring and advice to young professionals just starting out. His depth and breadth of experience and knowledge make him a valuable asset for companies and organisations to employ on retainer.
Julie MacLeod is a business advisor with a passion for helping businesses of all sizes manage growth and change. Ensuring businesses understand their marketplace, position, competitive strengths, risks and opportunities through expert analysis.
Julie does this by…
- Working with business leaders to develop the vision and strategy for growth
- Writing reports and actionable plans for internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying and supporting the implementation of new ways of working along with staff mentoring & training
A commitment to continuous development and training has seen both Angus and Julie gain new qualifications specialisation in…
- information technology services (infrastructure, security, compliance and governance)
- business transformation
- growth management
Technacom now works independently and directly with businesses, as well as in association with other business advice organisations to offer a fully comprehensive support service to small and medium-sized independent businesses (SMEs).
Why People Work with Us
It can be challenging for small to medium businesses to manage every aspect of their business themselves. So we help when they…
- lack time
- lack infrastructure or resources
- unable to employ the same specialist expertise as larger companies
- lack direction or planning
- are unable to capitalise on business change
- are at risk of not keeping abreast of legislation
We Deliver For You
When you utilise the expertise of business management specialists like Technacom, we work alongside you and your team to help develop, manage, and deliver…